You have no items in your shopping cart.
You have no items in your shopping cart.
The NuManna Defender Nutritive Pack is an efficient way to get started building your emergency food supply for your family. Unlike the regular Family Pack, the Defender Nutritive Pack comes with extra organic superfood add-on's that bring an extra punch to your food storage. It will feed 1 person for 1 1/2 months.
This NuManna bucket provides 124 total servings for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner as well as 80 servings of the Organic Superfoods. NuManna Food is praised for its great taste and high quality. It is always hard to decide what food storage to buy but you can trust in NuManna and its great products and service. The buckets are very convenient for stacking as well!
As with all NuManna Food you can count on it being Soy Free, GMO Free, Have no added MSG, No Aspartame, and No High Fructose Corn Syrup
|2 lbs.||Quinoa||16 servings|
|2 lbs.||Parboiled Rice||16 servings|
|1 lb.||Spelt||8 servings|
|1 lb.||Brown Jasmine Rice||8 servings|
|1 lb.||Chia Seeds||16 servings|
|1 lb.||Sprouting Seeds||16 servings|
More about the Super Foods Included:
1. Organic Quinoa – Considered the “most nutritious food in the world”, Quinoa is a key staple of many country’s diet and our Defender Nutritive Pack. Highly nutritious, packed with vitamins and protein, Quinoa is a fast and easy way to give your body what it needs in times of duress. Quinoa is easily cooked and Gluten-Free–it can be ground into flour, used just like rice and mixes well will other foods. Quinoa is high in magnesium – which helps relax blood vessels, resulting in fewer headaches for migraine sufferers and decreased risk of hypertension and stroke. It is also a good source of manganese, iron, copper, phosphorous, and riboflavin.
2. Organic Black Chia Seeds – Chia is an edible seed that comes from a member of the mint family that grows abundantly in southern Mexico. In pre-Columbian times it was a main component of the Aztec and Mayan diets. Aztec warriors carried it as a survival food. It has been written one tablespoon could sustain a warrior for a whole day. Omega-3 fatty acids are abundant in Chia seeds, even more so than flax seeds. And it has another advantage over flax: chia is so rich in antioxidants that the seeds don’t deteriorate and can be stored for long periods without becoming rancid. And, unlike flax, they do not have to be ground to make their nutrients available to the body. Chia seeds are high in fiber as well as calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, copper, iron, molybdenum, niacin, and zinc.
3. Organic Sprouting Seeds – The genesis of all life is contained in a seed. There are certain seeds which have been long trusted as nutritional additions to the human diet. As the seeds begin to sprout the young seedlings unlock the secret of life held within the seed. After a couple days of growth the plant is at its nutritional peak. The vitamin and mineral spectrum in a handful of sprouts is remarkable and are often mixed in with other foods. Just like Chia seeds, it doesn’t take much more than a spoonful to cascade nutrition into your body. Because of the seed’s own preservative mechanism they store very well when packaged correctly. Using sprouting seeds is a remarkable and near irreplaceable addition to your overall food preparedness plans.
4. Organic Brown Jasmine Rice – Rice provides up to 50 percent of the calories for half of the world’s population. Brown rice is not milled and unpolished. Therefore it retains the outer bran and germ layers of the grain and the vitamins, minerals, fiber and even fatty acids that are housed there. Brown rice is loaded with manganese, with one cup of cooked brown rice providing almost 90 percent of the Daily Value. The oil found in the bran of brown rice has also been shown to have special cholesterol-lowering benefits.
5. Parboiled Rice – As the name indicates…Parboiled Rice is partially-boiled rice. Because it is already cooked to some degree it is easier and faster to prepare. Just like white rice eaten all over the globe, NuManna added Parboiled Rice as a fast and extremely flexible staple to mix with existing meals to increase calorie count, nutrition and overall servings. Parboiled Rice is a fantastic edition to your overall preparedness. It is a perfect caloric addition to all our soups and chili’s.
6. Organic Spelt – A nutritionally rich relative of wheat…Spelt has a recorded history of more than 7 millennia. It is one of the first grains known to be used for bread. Since its domestication, spelt has served as a staple food around the world, from the civilizations of ancient Greece and Rome to those of medieval Europe. Spelt provides a broader range of nutrients than other members of the wheat family; it’s high in manganese, vitamin B2, niacin, thiamin and copper. Spelt is particularly heart-healthy, as niacin protects against numerous cardiovascular risk factors (such as high cholesterol and platelet aggregation). Spelt’s fiber helps reduce total and LDL (“bad”) cholesterol. Because spelt contains less gluten and is more easily digestible than wheat, many people with wheat sensitivities or allergies find that they are able to tolerate it. Always consult your doctor when considering food allergies.
Click to learn more about the product ingredients and directions!
Thank you for trusting Emergency Food and Supply in helping you build your food storage safety net.
If not otherwise stated in product description the usual shelf lives of our products are:
25 Years* - Non-Meat Products
15 Years* - Meat Products
*Shelf life based on optimal storage conditions.
To reach the maximum shelf life, your food storage products should be stored in an environment with temperatures ranging between 55°-70° F. Ideal storing conditions are in a cool, dark, dry environment where the product will be protected from moisture, oxygen, and sunlight. Excellent storing locations are in (but not limited to) closets, under beds and in basements. All stated shelf life is based on proper storage of your emergency food products.
Storing your freeze dried products in a location with extreme temperatures, high humidity or an area where oxygen, sunlight and/or moisture may contact your product, will decrease the shelf life. After opening to consume, you should continue to store the product in optimal conditions with the white plastic lid secured or mylar bag resealed. Limit the amount of time you allow your foods to be exposed to air and light, doing so will help maximize the opened food shelf life.
Taking proper care of your food storage will help ensure you have great tasting, nutritious foods when a disaster or time of emergency strikes. Our food storage products are designed for long-term storage. By following proper storage guidelines, you can have the assurance that your food storage will keep its delicious taste and high quality for many years to come.